If you need shelter, please call Barrett Compton at 425-614-6506.
Our year-round shelter operates from 7:00 pm until 7:00 am every day of the year. Each month, the shelter is housed in a different Eastside church. Other support churches provide meals and volunteers for the shelter. (See the schedule at the bottom of this page.)
- A safe warm place to sleep
- Three meals a day
- Storage for belongings
- Case management
- Medical and dental services
- Job assistance
- Training to prepare for housing
- Bus passes
- Laundry facilities
We target homeless men 18 years and older, who have a connection to the Eastside. Our shelter is housed in Eastside churches, mostly in Bellevue, and moves every month to a new church.
The intake process begins with a conversation by phone. In accordance with our philosophy of helping men who want to move themselves out of homelessness, we use these intake criteria:
- We give preference to men who have a verifiable connection to the Eastside. For example, the men may have a job on the Eastside, receive on-going services from an Eastside agency, or became homeless on the Eastside.
- Must have a current state picture I.D.
- Must allow CFH to run a criminal background check. Anyone with a sex offense crime cannot be a member of the shelter.
- Must be willing to be drug- and alcohol-free, and willing to address any addiction issues.
- Must be willing to work one-on-one with a case manager.
Following is the schedule of churches that host and support our shelter. Each month, the shelter moves to a different church. Support churches organize volunteers and provide evening meals for the men in our shelter.